In partnership with UnionBank and VISA, Go Rewards is offering these payment cards to allow you to earn Go Rewards points directly and automatically from your everyday spend on almost everything. You have additional points, too if you use them to spend at any Go Rewards partner (double-dipping).
No worries, this article will help you understand by discussing the following:
- Earn rates
- How to earn twice in one transaction (Double-Dipping)
- Schedule of points issuance
Your points are credited automatically to the Go Rewards account linked to your Payment Card. You earn 1 Go Rewards point for every required minimum spend. There are no fractional/half points issued.
|Go Rewards Prepaid Virtual||P400 = 1GR|
Go Rewards Prepaid Card
|Go Rewards Debit Card|
|Cebu Pacific Credit Card||P100 = 1GR (Cebu Pacific)|
|P200 = 1GR (Any merchant)|
For example, you purchased an item worth P850. Following the earn rates above, you will earn this much Go Rewards points:
Go Rewards Prepaid Virtual
|2 Go Rewards points|
|Go Rewards Prepaid Card||2 Go Rewards points|
|Go Rewards Debit Card||2 Go Rewards points|
|Cebu Pacific Credit Card||4 Go Rewards points|
No points will be issued for purchases below the minimum spend.
Now, let's say you have purchased a Cebu Pacific ticket worth P1,500. Following the earn rates noted here, you will earn this much points:
|Go Rewards Prepaid Virtual||3 Go Rewards points|
|Go Rewards Prepaid Card||3 Go Rewards points|
|Go Rewards Debit Card||3 Go Rewards points|
|Cebu Pacific Credit Card||15 Go Rewards points|
How to earn twice in one transaction (Double Dipping)
Double dipping happens if you use any of your payment cards to pay for items purchased at any Go Rewards partner merchant. You earn points following their respective earning rates. You can visit the Go Rewards website to know the complete list of our partners.
To give you a better idea, here are sample computations:
1. You purchased items from Robinsons Department Store worth P1,600 and you used your Go Rewards Debit Card to pay for the items.
|Partner||Earn Rate||Points Earned|
|Robinsons Department Store||P200 = 1 GR||8 Go Rewards points|
|Go Rewards Debit Card||P400 = 1 GR||4 Go Rewards points|
- You will earn 8 Go Rewards points from using your Go Rewards Card in partner store (this is reflected in the receipt) and you will earn 4 Go Rewards points when using the Go Rewards Debit Card as payment option (this is reflected in your monthly Statement of Account).
- Your total points earned for this transaction is 12 Go Rewards points.
2. You purchased a Cebu Pacific ticket worth P2,400 (P1,000 Base fare and add-ons while P1,400 on Fuel Surcharge and other fees) and you used the Cebu Pacific Credit Card to pay. Please see how to earn points in Cebu Pacific by clicking this link.
|Partner||Earn Rate||Points Earned|
|Cebu Pacific||P20 = 1 GR||50 Go Rewards points|
|Cebu Pacific Credit Card||P100 = 1 GR||24 Go Rewards points|
- You will earn 50 Go Rewards points from using your Go Rewards Card in booking the flight (this is reflected in your account within 7 days from flight departure) and you will earn 24 Go Rewards points when using the Go Rewards Debit Card as payment option (this is reflected in your monthly Statement of Account).
- Your total points earned for this transaction is 74 Go Rewards points
Earning twice will not take place in cases where you were not able to use your payment card to pay any item from a partner store. You will still earn points following the earn rate of the partner as long as you have presented proof of membership (Cebu Pacific Credit Card) or have the barcode at the back scanned (Debit Card).
Schedule of points crediting
Don't be too quick to be concerned if you noticed that points are missing from your account. Another thing you need to take note of is the schedule by which your points are credited. This varies depending on the partner. For payment cards, the Go Rewards points are automatically credited to the Go Rewards account linked to it following the schedule below:
|Payment Card||Points Issuance|
|Go Rewards Prepaid Card and Virtual||First week of the month|
|Go Rewards Debit|
|Cebu Pacific Credit Card||2-3 days after the cut-off date|
Let's take the first example in our sample computation.
- You purchased items from Robinsons Department Store worth P1,600 and you used your Go Rewards Debit Card to pay for the items.
|Partner||Earn Rate||Points Earned||Points Issuance|
|Robinsons Department Store||P200=1GR||8 GR Points||Immediately after (Shown in the receipt)|
|Go Rewards Debit Card||P400=1GR||4 GR Points||First week of the next month|
There are a lot of ways to keep track of your points. If you noticed that there are still no points credited to your account, do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team by clicking this link to have it checked the soonest. Do not forget to send us a copy of the receipt (If available), Transaction date and time, and Reference number/Transaction Number.